UCM Digital Health (UCM) is hiring for a full-time Staff Accountant to report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. UCM delivers an end-to-end healthcare solution that combines such a digital front door platform with a 24/7 telehealth triage treat and navigation service – designed to lower costs, improve outcomes and provide a better patient experience. More than a “digital front door,” UCM brings together clinical expertise, advanced technology and compassionate care to offer powerful advantages for insurers, employers, patients and providers.
To perform general accounting functions and support the CFO in all aspects of financial reporting.
Prepare financial statements in compliance with GAAP. Oversee daily financial and accounting operations as well as the
month end close process.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversee general ledger activity and prepare financial statements in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in the financial forecasting and annual budget process.
- Consolidate financial statements for multiple legal entities.
- Record all receipt and disbursement transactions in the accounting system.
- Provide oversight of internal controls and efficiency of all accounting processes. Standardize and manage
accounting forms, procedures, and systems. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Generate cash requirements report and report cash account balances and all transactions to management.
- Complete account and bank reconciliations.
- Post payroll journal entries.
- Process Accounts Receivable, including daily deposit of client payments and follow-up with regard to outstanding
- Prepare cash flow projections.
- Process Accounts Payable, including researching and reporting vendor issues, ensuring that appropriate support
exists for each bill/expense reimbursement request. Reconcile, post, and audit AP to General Ledger.
- Partners with other business units for projects as requested by management.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in a professional setting
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
The successful candidate should have the desire to be part of health care change and digital transformation. Comfort
with innovation and disruption are a must.
A successful candidate should possess the following competencies: Excellent communication skills; collaborative team
player; maintains high degree of confidentiality; ability to multitask and meet monthly deadlines; strong analytical and
problem-solving skills; self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
This position operates in a professional blended office environment that includes the requirement to operate both
in-office and remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and information technology.