Tele-Mental Health Provider
Revised Date: March 2022
Job Title: Tele-Mental Health Provider/ Psych and Mental Health NP
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Job Type: Part-time
Standard Language for Website and Career Portal Posting:
UCM Digital Health (UCM) is a leading innovator in the digital health space, founded in 2015 by emergency medicine providers with the vision that all care should begin digitally. Our mission is to put the patient first with a best-in-class digital experience backed by emergency medicine expertise. Our digital front door platform, integrated technology, and 24/7 telehealth treat, triage and care coordination seamlessly connect digital and physical healthcare for patients. We deliver the right care, at the right time and place, and at the right cost for our more than 2 million patients and over 600 clients and growing.
Our solution is designed to lower costs, improve outcomes and provide a better patient experience. More than a digital front door, UCM brings together clinical expertise, advanced technology, and compassionate care to offer powerful advantages for health plans, employers, patients and providers.
We are looking for candidates who share our mission to put the patient first and our values of honesty, compassion, inquisitiveness, fearlessness, accountability, and teamwork. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in a fast paced environment, and are ready to contribute to a growing company, come join our team! This is a great opportunity to be part of changing the game in healthcare!
More than anything, we are seeking people who are passionate about healthcare and are hungry for challenges to grow a best-in-class business.
The Telehealth Provider is responsible for the care of Behavioral health and Psychiatric patients that use UCM Digital Health’s online platform. This remote position will speak with patients and guide their care. The ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays is preferred.
The Telehealth Provider oversees overall Behavioral health and Psychiatric patient care. This will include obtaining a focused history, an appropriate physical exam, evidenced-based medical decision making (MDM), documentation in the electronic medical record, e-prescribing, writing orders for patient navigation and follow-up care, providing self-care instructions and communicating directly with patients and their caregivers regarding their medical history and concerns. This individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where direction and priorities may change frequently.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibility – 95% of Time
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and psychological treatment in a remote environment. Provide direct psychiatric assessment and ongoing psychological treatment.
- Understanding of best practices in diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy.
- Coordinate with the Care Coordinators in order to ensure appropriate follow-up care.
Responsibility – 5% of Time
- Adhere to all corporate Information Security policies and procedures.
- Identify any breaches or potential breaches of corporate Information Security standards and communicate those to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain integrity, availability, and confidentiality of all PHI.
- Adhere to HIPAA standards for information security, privacy, and confidentiality
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) from an APA-accredited program /Master’s degree in social work or mental health counseling/Master’s Degree in Nursing; Board Certification as a Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; BLS
- State license in one or the following: NY, CA, FL, TX, CO/Current registration as Professional Nurse and Registration as Nurse Practitioner in one or the following states NY, CA, FL, TX, CO.
- Five (5) years experience in the mental health field.
- Established clinical expertise working with Behavioral Health and Psychiatric patients Virtually.
- Two (2) years experience working on a telehealth platform
Occasional (0-40%) / Frequent (41-71%) / Constant (72%-100%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Constant computer work which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
No travel is required.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
UCM Digital Health maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is out objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and termination.
UCM Digital Health is an at-will employer. We recognize that you retain the option, as does the company, of ending your employment with UCM Digital Health at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause.